JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
DMA Consulting & Engineering is looking for an Intermediate Engineer with experience in residential construction, building envelope restoration, as well as experience with wood framing, concrete, and aluminum design.
This position is excellent for an individual with design experience, who prides themselves on delivering high quality work, is passionate about contributing to a variety of construction projects, and enjoys working independently and collaboratively.
The successful applicant for this role will be a P. Eng. or E.I.T registered with EGBC, with a minimum of 5 years experience in residential construction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide design for residential restoration projects
· Design custom aluminum railings and access/life safety equipment
· Design temporary structures for site accessibility
· Skilled with AutoCAD, SkyCiv, WoodWorks, and other CAD programs (knowledge and experience with Revit is an asset)
· Work with project team to provide complete construction design documents, drawings, and reports
· Review material submittals and shop drawings
· Take ownership of, and ensure timely project delivery to meet client deadlines
· Collaborate with project stakeholders to quickly and accurately update/correct drawings, and resolve any required changes that may arise during the course of the project
· Perform structural analysis of building envelope systems and structural components
· Conduct field reviews and prepare field reports
· Meet with clients on site to discuss project parameters
· Review construction to ensure conformance with contract documents
· Other duties as they may arise
· Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering;
· Registered with EGBC as a P.Eng. or E.I.T.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in residential construction
· Knowledge working with BC Building Code and CSA Standards
· Knowledge of structural engineering principles, standards and regulations related to construction, inspection and safety standards;
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and drive work, identify issues that could affect delivery of the work, and assist in resolving technical field issues
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately in written and verbal communications
· Good interpersonal, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills
· Class 5 driver’s license and ability to use personal vehicle for work related travel within the Lower Mainland
· Flexibility to adapt to the changing environment that comes with a growing company
· Motivated to meet tight deadlines, whether working alone or with a team
· Ability to prioritize tasks when assigned multiple projects
· Ability to take initiative and bring up issues to the Principal Engineer for quick resolution, to ensure deadlines are met
POSITION TYPE: Full time
LOCATION: New Westminster
APPLICATION STATUS: Open
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com including "Intermediate Engineer" in the subject line. In your cover letter, clearly indicate how your experience with residential construction shows you meet the qualifications for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered
Copyright © 2023 DMA Consulting & Engineering - All Rights Reserved.