JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The AutoCAD Drafter is responsible for supporting the Principal Engineer by ensuring project drawings are produced efficiently and in a timely manner to meet project deadlines.
This position is excellent for an individual who prides themselves on delivering high quality work, and is passionate about contributing to a variety of construction projects, while working independently and collaboratively.
The successful applicant for this role will have a strong background in drafting for a variety of construction projects, as well as experience with product design & residential construction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Set up AutoCAD & Revit drawings with generic blocks and standards
· Prepare and maintain design drawings for various construction projects across the Lower Mainland such as: wood construction, canopies, guardrails, and building envelope renovations
· Take ownership of and ensure timely delivery of drawings to clients to meet project deadlines
· Collaborate with Principal Engineer to quickly and accurately update/correct drawings, and resolve any other issues that may arise during the course of the project
· Conduct project site visits and prepare field reports
· In collaboration with the Principal Engineer, contribute to higher complexity residential renovations projects
· Other duties as they may arise
· Civil technologist diploma (ASTT certified is an asset)
· 5 years experience in construction drafting
· Experience using AutoCAD & Revit (you will be asked to produce a drawing for a test project, to show your skills)
· Experience creating modular blocks and tool pallets is an asset
· Critical thinking skills and desire to constantly improve
· Flexibility to adapt to the changing environment that comes with a growing company
· Ability to stay motivated and engaged while working remotely
· Motivated to meet tight deadlines, whether working alone or with a team
· Ability to prioritize tasks when assigned multiple projects
· Ability to take initiative and bring up issues to the Engineer for quick resolution, to ensure deadlines are met
POSITION TYPE: Full time
LOCATION: New Westminster
APPLICATION STATUS: Open
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com including "AutoCAD specialist" in the subject line. In your cover letter, clearly indicate how your experience with residential construction shows you meet the qualifications for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.