January 29, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Structural & Building Envelope AutoCAD/Revit Specialist is responsible for supporting the Principal Engineer by ensuring project drawings are produced efficiently and in a timely manner to meet project deadlines.
This position is excellent for an individual who prides themselves on delivering high quality work, and is passionate about contributing to a variety of construction projects, while working independently and collaboratively.
The successful applicant for this role will have a strong background in drafting and producing design drawings for a variety of construction projects, including: wood construction, temporary structures, guardrails, canopies and building envelope renovation projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
· Set up AutoCAD & Revit drawings with generic blocks and standards
· Prepare and maintain design drawings for various construction projects across the Lower Mainland such as: wood construction, temporary structures, canopies, guardrails, and building envelope renovations
· Take ownership of and ensure timely delivery of drawings to clients to meet project deadlines
· Collaborate with Principal Engineer to quickly and accurately update/correct drawings, and resolve any other issues that may arise during the course of the project
· Conduct project site visits and prepare field reports
· In collaboration with the Principal Engineer, contribute to higher complexity residential renovations projects
· Other duties as they may arise
· Civil technologist diploma (ASTT certified would be an asset)
· 5 years experience in residential construction or building envelope
· Experience using AutoCAD & Revit (you will be asked to produce a drawing for a test project, to show your skills)
· Experience creating modular blocks and tool pallets would be an asset
· Critical thinking skills and desire to constantly improve
· Flexibility to adapt to the changing environment that comes with a growing company
· Ability to stay motivated and engaged while working remotely
· Motivated to meet tight deadlines, whether working alone or with a team
· Ability to prioritize tasks when assigned multiple projects
· Ability to take initiative and bring up issues to the Engineer for quick resolution, to ensure deadlines are met
POSITION TYPE: Full time contract (6 months, with possibility of renewal at the end of the contract)
LOCATION: You will be working remotely from your home office, as well as travel to our New Westminster office for meetings with the Principal Engineer. Travel to various project sites within the Lower Mainland may also be required.
We are a Structural and Building Restoration Engineering & Consulting firm in New Westminster, who are committed to quality in our work, collaboration with our industry peers, and continuous learning.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: February 28, 2021
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: d resume when applying. In the cover letter, indicate why you would be our ideal candidate, and examples of your experience in residential construction or building envelope.